AGENDA FOR 13TH JUNE 2016
Meeting at Astley Bridge Cricket Club – 8.00 p.m. start
Introduction/Welcome to Those Present
Minutes of Previous Meeting Monday 9th May
These have been posted on our Blog site
Matters arising from those Minutes
Abas Concerns / Issues Matrix
(This will include an update on break-ins, theft and vandalism)
General Activities / Interest.
· The Allotted Art Exhibition runs from 30th June till 7th August in the Market Place (Neo:Gallery 27 on the 1st Floor). There is a catalogue of the art work which will be available at the gallery during the exhibition. The catalogue has been funded by Bolton Arts Forum.
There is also a booklet “Allotted: the back of the seed packet” which contains essays, stories and poems inspired by Allotments. The booklet has been funded by the National Allotments Gardens Trust.
Posters will be available to Site Secretaries at the meeting
· Bolton Onion Leek and Vegetable Show Sat 20th August
Show Schedules will be printed following the Abas June Meeting
We are still seeking Sponsors for individual Classes
There will be stalls at the Show showing local produce (honey, ice cream etc.) and with information on the NAS and the National Vegetable Society.
· Allotment Competitions, Judging of the First Round is now Completed, Second Round of Judging is W/C 18th July.
· Harrogate Show Sunday 18th Sept
· NWCAA is again running their “The Best Allotment Site in the NW” Competition Details are now posted on their Web Site
Entries Close August 31st
· NWCAA will be holding their next Open Forum Meeting on Sunday 3rd July
It will be hosted by Tameside Federation at Holy Trinity Community Centre, Dean Street, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 7HD
· Can any site holding an Open Day, Show or Plant Sale please tell us
So far we know of
· Florence Avenue
· Sapling Road
· Harpers Lane
· We hope to produce posters etc. which we will display at the Allotted Exhibition listing all events.
· Abas have been contacted recently for assistance regarding Swarming Bees.
· If you think you have a swarm of honey bees and don’t have a bee expert on your site then you should go to the Manchester District Beekeepers’ site (mdbka.com) – click on the link to ‘Swarm Service’ – access ‘To Find a Swarm Collector’ and follow the instructions. This will give you contact phone numbers based on your postcode.
Close of Meeting